Chocolate Chip Streusel Bread

3 day weekends are the best.


That one extra day definitely makes things so much happier. There's so much more time to have fun, relax...and maybe study a little. It helps that Sundays stink a little less and the dreaded Monday is happy instead!


We literally wrote "HAPPY WEEKEND" on our calendar. We're super cool like that.


At least it's only 4 days of class. One day closer...until the next weekend!


Honestly, Saturday can't come any faster. Is it possible to already feel overwhelmed?



I had bookmarked this bread a long time ago. The recipe seemed super easy and I would always have all the ingredients -so no need to run to the store!


With all the chocolate and streusel topping, it's definitely more dessert-like than any normal type of bread.

I used some chopped almonds I had left over from the Pesto from last week and added that to the streusel topping.  It added a new crunchiness to the bread, but it would have been perfect without the almonds as well!


I totally forgot to take a picture until there was one slice left... oops!




Recipe (adapted from Sprinkled With Flour)


1 stick softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup chocolate chips


Streusel topping
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
1/4 chopped almonds


Preheat to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan.
In small bowl, mix brown sugar and 3 tbsp of flour for topping. Cut in butter until mixture is coarse.
Add in the almonds.


Beat butter and sugar until combined. 
Add in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.
Add in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until just combined.
Stir in the choclate chips.


Add batter to the pan and sprinkle the streusel topping.
Bake 55-60 min until toothpick inserted near the center is clean. 





Also for all those Community fans out there, I cannot get this out of my head!


Linked to Sweet as Sugar Cookies

Comments

  1. There have been so many times I have forgotten too take a pic until the last minute :)

    The bread sounds amazing. I love the streusel topping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [1] It looks so pretty!
    [2] I love that video. Seriously. The guy (or girl) who made that is intense.
    [3] I think I will now add your Streusel topping to everything I make. Every cake will be STREUSEL. Mmm, crispy crunchy goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Recipes Our Readers Love