Lemon Cookies

Woohoo!! Freeeedom! It's the glorious end of the 3 weeks!


I'm super exhausted and my legs hurt from going to the gym after a week of inactivity.... sad?


Very. 


I'm having writer's block. Blogger's block? Baker's block?


After a long day, my mind is mush. All it wants to do and all it can do is watch some happy TV and zone out.  


Mush Mush Mush


At the end of the last exam cycle, I had these amazing lemon cookies from Maggianos. I'm a sucker for yummy desserts. Especially ones that don't make me feel like I just ate a stick of butter.




These cookies may look entirely different than the actual ones, but they are perfectly lemony and sweet!



Sometimes I get hungry just looking at these pictures.  




The cookies are super simple to make and full of lemon! They are perfect if you're in the mood for something sweet and bite-sized.


The recipe doesn't make very many cookies, unless you make them rather small!


Recipe (adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod)


1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp granulated sugar
zest of 2  lemons
juice of 1 lemon


Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
juice of 1 lemon


Preheat to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, combine butter and powdered sugar. Beat until creamy and smooth.
In a small bowl, rub sugar and lemon together. 
Add to butter mixture. Blend until smooth.
Add lemon juice and beat until combined. 
Add in dry ingredients. 
Chill dough for about 30 minutes up to overnight.
Roll into balls and bake for 10-12 minutes. 


Make the glaze and dip the tops of cookies into glaze. (I had a lot of extra glaze so I just poured the rest over the cookies)




And in case you didn't know already, I love Wegmans. 


Wegmans is also opening their first Massachusetts store this coming weekend!!


MA is finally going to be able to experience Wegmans in all its glory. While it's opening in Northborough, a bit away from Boston, I highly recommend going to check it out after the craziness from the opening dies down.


It gets ridiculous in there. 


The cookies. The pizza. The nice people. The candy aisle. 


It's happy land heaven.




Check out an article about Wegmans in the Boston Globe. 

Comments

  1. [1] LEMONS LEMONS LEMONS. I'm sure these are lemony, but I'm curious...on a scale of 0-10 with 10 being my lemon levels, where do these stand? So if I make them would I probably add an extra lemon or two? :)
    [2] I really like the glaze! I wish you took a picture of their undersides (does that sound weird? Yes) so I could see the glaze. :)
    [3] Some people hunt celebrities, and others....hunt supermarkets. Does this make you a 'Wegmans-azzo'?
    [4] Happyland? It's like the friggin' Disneyland of supermarkets. Don't be so humble about your hometown store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should be the next martha stewart! , screw med school.
    Arvind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably a 8! you could probably add some extra lemon for the cookie, but not the glaze... the glaze was a bit toooo lemony (WHAT? i know)

    thanks arvind! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A recipe that doesn't make too many is perfect for me :) If they made a lot I would just sit down and eat them all....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Recipes Our Readers Love