Homemade Granola

Exam time already? Didn't we just start school?


Yes. And Yes. 


I'm thinking in circles....

I'm talking in circles...  definitely need a break. 

Time for some homemade granola!


Over the summer, I got into a yogurt phase and decided that instead of buying granola at the store, I would make it! 

Homemade Super easy granola! (And it made the apartment smell nice and cinnamon-y!)

I'm not a fan of buying random ingredients and then only using them once, so I decided to gather what ingredients I had in the kitchen and make my version of granola! No nuts, no wheat germ, and no fancy things.  

It's simple, healthy, and a perfect snack or breakfast that will keep you full!



Just mix a few things together or add in whatever you like and just pop it into the oven.

I did learn that to store granola and keep it crunchy, keep it in a air-tight bag or container in the fridge or freezer.  






Recipe


3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 tbsp of honey (add more if you want extra clusters)
3 tbsp of vegetable oil
1/2-1 cup of dried fruit


Preheat to 325 degrees and line baking pan with parchment paper.
Combine the oats, sugar, and cinnamon together. 
Add in the honey, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and mix.
Bake for 30 minutes, but take out and mix after 15 minutes. 
Add in dried fruit.



P.S. It's Restaurant Week!

Well, it's more like Restaurant Week(s), but that's okay. I've been in Boston for years now, and still hadn't participated until this past Friday. Restaurant Week is great in theory, but for the poor students, not always feasible. But this past Friday, a few friends and I went to Aquitaine in the South End! Super delicious!! It was one of those great days that seem to never end because you're having too much fun. 


For some laughs, check out this montage of Troy from Community.  


My favorite? 


When Troy freaks out over meeting Levar Burton (Reading Rainbow!!! Butterfly in the sky...).



Linked to Sweet as Sugar Cookies,  Mangia Mondays

Comments

  1. [1] FIRST POST!
    [2] I am *digging* this pink theme. Also, this is a great use of the Martha Stewart-esque font in your title. Whose call? Yours or Em's?
    [3] I love COMMUNITY! Butterfly in the skyyyyyyy, I can go twice as high, take a look, it's in a book, reading rainbowwwwww. Also...Troy and Abed in the MOOOORRRNING
    [4] Granola is so pretty! I like your resourcefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also after rewatching that, I feel that while Troy is funny, Troy and Abed is EVEN FUNNIER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful recipe for granola!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My roommate and I have plans to make granola this weekend! Might take some hints from your recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Recipes Our Readers Love