Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

My mind feels cluttered. 

So. Tired. And Feverish. 
Big Brother makes me smack my forehead.
Em has a big move coming up!
I'm already looking forward to the weekend... and it's only Monday.
When did school get so busy?
Why are there more creepy scary shows than nice happy ones?


Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies!


These were my attempt at Wegmans' Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. I love their cookies so much that my family just sent me some! Along with a few other things -like curry cubes, nail polish, a loofa, and a kitchen knife... They totally think I'm a hobo. 


Back to these cookies though! 




I've been searching for a recipe for these cookies for ages, and finally came across one that looked super delicious! I've had past problems with oatmeal cookies, mainly ones that turn out looking like poo, so I was pretty anxious about how these would compare to my favorite cookies!



While these cookies are much larger than what I was trying to emulate, these were a very good alternative! They were simultaneously chewy in the middle and crispy on the outside.  Doesn't hurt that they were super easy to make!



Recipe (adapted from Big Girls Small Kitchen)
Makes 24 cookies

1 stick softened butter
4 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp light brown sugar
1/2 egg (just estimate...)
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
2/3 cup cranberries

Preheat to 350 degrees. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix softened butter with sugars. 
Add in egg and stir to combine.
Add in flour and baking soda.
Add in oatmeal and cranberries until just incorporated.
Bake 6-8 minutes until just firm. 



Kay passed along these really cool videos.  The makers describe themselves and their project:

3 guys, 44 days, 11 countries, 18 flights, 38 thousand miles, an exploding volcano, 2 cameras and almost a terabyte of footage... all to turn 3 ambitious linear concepts based on movement, learning and food ....into 3 beautiful and hopefully compelling short films....



Comments

  1. scavengingtheinterwebAugust 15, 2011

    I heard those cookies were delicious. ;) I am perpetually waiting for the weekend. Or, to remedy this, I simply make every day the weekend! This turns out to be a very dangerous plan. 

    I love those videos too! 

    You should think about doing a stop motion video related to baking.... Just an idea. 

    FIRST POST! 

    Too bad you're not just feverish from all the school. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. scavengingtheinterwebAugust 15, 2011

    I just rewatched this. Seriously, this guys deserves a Travel Channel show. Okay, I'm not sure how justified that statement was. But still, it's an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. scavengingtheinterwebAugust 15, 2011

    I would like to correct that. Not just the guy, but more importantly his cameramen and producers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. scavengingtheinterwebAugust 18, 2011

    Wait. These three comments are all mine? COMMENT MONOPOLY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Recipes Our Readers Love