Pizza Dough II

It's been a rough couple of days for the world. 

My heart breaks every single time I see pictures or see videos of the disaster in Japan. Not all of us can help begin the painstaking rebuilding process, but we can begin to by donating here.

How does one even begin?

It's a rather somber moment for everyone, but it makes me hug my family tighter and longer and makes me more thankful for the great friends that I have.   

Maybe this can make this a bit better.


Nature always cheers me up. 

This plant is wild. After reviving it back to life after break, it's gone on a growth spurt where it plans on taking over the window sill.

Forget about the crazy growing plant -let's talk pizza dough.

I'm always up for trying new recipes so I tried this new one from Naturally Ella. It just looked so tasty! Since pizza is a staple in my apartment, the recipe came at the perfect moment.  



The honey is taking over the world ...I mean... yeast!
The dough was a bit sticky to work with, but definitely worth all my worrying.  It was the best pizza ever made in the apartment!

Recipe
3/4 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 to 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour

Obtain warm water by heating on the stove until little bubbles.
Take it off the heat and wait 5-10 minutes.
Combine the water, yeast, and honey until the yeast is dissolved.
Let the yeast activate for 5-10 minutes.
Add in oil, salt, and 1 cup of flour.
Add in 4 tbsp of flour at a time and keep mixing until the dough comes together.
Add enough flour so that the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl but still sticks to the bottom.
Continue to mix and knead for 3-4 minutes.  
Brush with oil and let rise for 1-2 hours in a warm spot like the microwave.

Bake at 425 degrees for 16-18 minutes.

P.S. This is my new favorite thing on repeat!!





Comments

  1. yum yum yum I WANT PIZZA!
    my heart goes out to everyone in japan. i hope you don't have friends or family there right now :(
    i know what you know about nature! yesterday, i went to an arboretum with my parents and our family friends. i felt so happy after. if you ever come visit me in long island, i'll have to take you there. the flowers were so beautiful! miss you, mel :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Recipes Our Readers Love