Cinnamon Blondies

CINNAMON! 

It may still be summer time, but I broke out my giant container of cinnamon to make these blondies!

You may have noticed a serious lack of baking around here -it's a sign that the hospital has taken over my life.  But, I have to admit that the last few weeks have been a welcome change from the previous couple of months -so no complaints from me!



I had the urge to procrastinate and start baking again, so I decided upon something that had easy ingredients, quick preparation, and a tasty result.  



Technically, to make these super cinnamon-y, you should add cinnamon chips. But...really, I never have those hanging around. 

I'm just lucky if I even have chocolate chips tucked away!



Adapted from (Two Peas and Their Pod)


1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (or stir-in of your choice-nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips)
Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 325 degrees. spray an 8-inch square metal baking pan with vegetable-oil cooking spray. Fold a 16-inch length of heavy-duty foil to 7 1/2 inches wide and lay it across pan bottom and up two sides so you have foil overhangs to pull blondies from pan. Spray foil with vegetable-oil spray.
Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. 
Whisk brown sugar into butter in a medium bowl.
Whisk eggs and vanilla together in a small bowl, then whisk into butter mixture. 
Whisk in dry ingredients until just combined. 
Fold in cinnamon chips or stir-in of your choice. 
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until blondies are just set, about 40 minutes. 

Comments

Other Recipes Our Readers Love