Peanut Butter Rice Krispies



Haircuts.

So traumatic. So horrible.

Ugh.

The entire experience makes me shudder.


When they cut my hair so short in second grade that it was above my ears... I cried. 


When I was in Taiwan a while ago, the person chopped all my hair off and declared it beautiful.   It was not


I'll admit, I went home and cried. Then I frantically sent all these crazy emails to my friends detailing the horror story. 


And that was the last time I'll ever get my hair cut there. 


Lessons learned?
1. Don't tell them how much you really want off... Always ask for less. They'll cut off more.
2. No. I do not want bangs. And repeat
3. Haircuts are no fun. Put off until the last possible moment. 


So this has absolutely nothing to do with Peanut Butter Rice Krispies...


...but that's okay. These rice krispies will, however, make you feel tons better if you've had a bad haircut. 


Rice Krispies treats are a total throwback to childhood... melting marshmallows in a bowl...mixing the rice krispies in...arm so tired that it feels like it's gonna fall off...

They may be a classic, but they are so perfect.

It's a quick and easy recipe, and add in some peanut butter for an extra surprise!


Recipe 
2 tbsp butter
1 package regular marshmallows
6 cups rice krispies
3/4 cup peanut butter

Melt the butter and marshmallow in the microwave.
Add in the peanut butter and mix until smooth.
Add in the rice krispies.
Press into 9 x 13 pan and wait until cool to cut and serve. 




And if you need a laugh today, the Graham Norton Show is back!!!




I love when he starts dancing... the whole episode is hilarious!

Comments

  1. [1] I was anticipating a statement like "I just got the worst haircut ever." I'm glad you did not meet my expectations.
    [2] You know what's even better than rice krispie square? Rice Krispie shapessssss. Did I ever tell you I made a dog out of Rice Krispies? It was like a really ugly, edible garden hedge decoration.
    [3] I LOVE ROB BRYDON. Do you want to watch The Trip? I wouldn't mind rewatching it if you did!
    [4] On a sadder note, today's weather sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THESE WERE SOOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these rice crispy treats! They look and sound amazing! Also, boo about the bad haircuts. You just need to find an amazing stylist. Then you won't dread your haircuts. I get mine done every 6 weeks because I love it so much...haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Recipes Our Readers Love