Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Muffins

I have this fuzzy feeling in my mouth right now. And my face feels kind of warm.


I also just ate 3 kiwis in a row.


I must be allergic!


Kiwis are my least favorite fruit, but every time my dad comes to visit, he always has the need to buy an entire bagful of green things for me. According to my dad, kiwis will solve all  problems from strep throat to a stomach ache.   Since I truly dislike kiwis (the fuzz really freaks me out), I always end up putting off eating them until the last moment.


Blech. How do I get rid of this feeling?


Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Muffins!




All things came into place: a friend was craving something chocolatey, I wanted something both special (to celebrate my birthday) and easy to bring into work.


These muffins fit perfectly.  The perfect amount of chocolate for the friend and just the right sweetness for a morning meeting.  Stick a candle in it, and it's a birthday muffin!



Mmm Mmm Choco-late!

 A super easy recipe, these muffins are worth a go when you want something that's not super fatty and doubles as breakfast and dessert!







The original recipe is from Dorie Greenspan, (I've also made her Nutty Chocolatey Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake) and calls for chocolate chunks.  Instead, I used chocolate chips since I only had 2 oz of bittersweet chocolate!

Recipe (adapted from Dorie Greenspan)

6 tbsp melted butter
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks, divided
2 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat to 375 degrees.
Line muffin tin and place muffin pan on baking sheet.
Melt butter and half of the chocolate.
In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
In another bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, and vanilla.
Pour chocolate and wet ingredients into dry.
Mix and then add in the rest of the chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips).
Bake for 20 minutes. 



And for a laugh, check out a video from Jimmy Fallon and Cameron Diaz: "Other Voices"

Comments

  1. That looks like one delicious muffin! I'm all for double chocolate anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fuzzy feeling, or a funny feeling? :) Cho-co-late!!!!

    Also...first post first post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lchemail2003June 28, 2011

    I say these look like...Breakfast, Lunch & dinner!  :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Recipes Our Readers Love